Now accepting applications for SPAN 2017: Morocco or Russia
Acceptance into the Student Project for Amity among Nations, SPAN, is based upon your completed application, your past academic performance, two recommendations, and interviews with the faculty advisor for your intended destination and SPAN staff members. Your proposed research project is also considered.
IMPORTANT: No later than Friday, October 14, application materials should be sent or delivered to the SPAN office; please find the address and location listed in the lower right-hand corner of this web page.
SPAN application checklist
• ITEM ONE: Completion of the application & checklist form (6 pages).
2017-student_application_for_SPAN_Morocco_Russia_rev_doc (WORD format)
• ITEM TWO: Completion of a personal statement. The statement should include:
— Why you want to participate in SPAN
— Your particular interest in your selected destination
— Three possible research project topics
— Language proficiency and other information applicable to learning and conducting research abroad
• ITEM THREE: Transcript. An unofficial copy from the registrar is acceptable.
• ITEM FOUR: A writing sample. A class submission that has been reviewed and graded.
• ITEM FIVE: Two (2) letters of recommendation. At least one should be an academic reference from an instructor familiar with your abilities.
SPAN is in the process of developing an electronic application that can be submitted online. In the meantime, however, please download, print, and complete the 2016 PDF version of the application. The deadline for submission of your application is: Friday, October 14, 2016 for travel in summer, 2017.
Then, scan and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completed application or deliver to the SPAN office at the location listed below.